The Women's Issues Committee shall provide educational workshops, act as an advocate for members on gender related issues, and shall raise such issues for contract negotiations. The focus of the committee shall be improving the climate for female employees and raising awareness of the issues that impact women's careers.
NEXT WIC MEETING DATE: Monday, Dec. 21, 2015 - Student Union Findell Rm. 324
The Women’s Issues Committee recently co-sponsored the following events:
Nov. 18, 2014 - A noontime Professional Issues and UConn Health Medical Information Brown Bag, "Women's Health with Dr. Agnes S. Kim"
The Women’s Issues Committee recently sponsored the following events:
March 24, 2015 - Healing through Acupuncture, presented by Traver Garrity, MS, L.Ac.
April 22, 2015 - Pilates and Yoga Brown Bag Lunch - Kim Wilk and Laina Hancock, Instructors
May 27, 2015 - Pilates and Yoga Brown Bag Lunch - Kim Wilk and Laina Hancock, Instructors
Spring 2014 - Maker 3-part Brown Brown Bag Lunch Series
May 7, 2014 - Superwoman Webinar
May 20, 2014 - Healing through Acupuncture, presented by Traver Garrity, MS, L.Ac.
June 11, 2014 - Risks and Personal Safety Measures, presented by S.T.A.R.T.
Gloria Steinem: An original founder of the modern women's movement and Ms. Magazine
Friday, Nov. 30, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Student Union Theatre
Free Admission. Pre-registration for the lecture is now closed. Limited walk-in space may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Brown Bag Lunch: We Fight for Roses, Too: Connecticut Women and the Quest for Equality
Featuring Bambi Mroz of the Connecticut Women’s Hall of Fame.
Wednesday, Dec. 5, noon to 1 p.m. Class of '47 Room (Near bookworms Cafe in the Library) Free Admission
Fall, 2013 - Makers 3-part Brown Bag Lunch Series
September 28, 2012 - Information from UWIC Forum on "Stirring the Pot 2012" Event"
Stirring the Pot 2012 Event Flier
Guest Speaker Natasha M. Pierce, Bio
• Basic Economic and Security Tables for Connecticut (BEST) PPT - Natasha Pierre
• PCSW Policy Agenda 2012
• PCSW Legislative Report 2012 Session
• PCSW Fact Sheet
• BEST Index for Connecticut 2012 Report
• The Basic Economic Security Tables for Connecticut 2012 - available by contacting the UCPEA office - (860) 487-0850
Information from UWIC Forum on "What is a Healthy Workplace? Part II: A Panel Discussion" - November 2011
• Listen to the presentations of Terri Dominguez, Paula Schenck, and Nancy Urcinas
• Healthy Workplace Event Flyer
• Panelist's Bios
• Survey Results
• Terri Dominguez
• Paula Schenck
• Nancy Urcinas
• Department of Environmental Health & Safety Brochure
• Center for Indoor Environments and Health Brochure
• Health Center Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine Brochure
March 2011 - Information from UWIC Forum on "What is an Unhealthy Workplace? Part I: Bullying"
• Unhealthy Workplace Event Flyer
• Unhealthy Workplace Survey Results
• Katherine Hermes PowerPoint
• Marlene Braun LA Times Article
• Katherine Hermes Brochure
• U.S. Workplace Bullying Survey
• Watch the UWIC March 2011 Forum on "What is an Unhealthy Workplace?"
October 13, 2010 - tirring the Pot Presentation
2008 Women's Issues Survey Results
UCPEA Women's Issues Committee Members
||Veronica Cook, Chair